Thursday, April 26, 2012

Finally found its place.





 I had always felt that I was alone
I had never said it… but I had always known
People crowded around me to watch as it hurt to smile
Misunderstood and disjointed… id been broken for a while

I had dreamt of a world beyond the one so plain
A place where my dark heart wouldn’t live in vain
But time like the world is often unkind
A misinformed reality, that drove me blind.

I had forgotten all I wanted the world to be
 it had no need for the dreamer in me
And As I realized this I slumped to the floor
Defeated and self-loathing till you walked thru my door

And as the room lit up and it was never the same
And something happened when you called my name
And In those moments I felt the spark
Like a flare in the unknown when I was lost in the dark.

There was something beyond that smile you had
a warmth and kindness that made me feel glad
And It drew me nearer, I just had to know more
About the girl whose light, had touched my core.

 As the days went by I was surprised to see
All that the world had forsaken in me
for in her eyes was my truth of old
in the Shards of a broken mirror that had now grown cold

Hers was a life just below her surface
an ocean whose depth was not without purpose
and in her words each day, another piece was found
Another piece that forever, my soul to hers did bound.

Now my world is as it should be, this is true
Found In a love beyond the great big blue
My heart longs to be, in her warm loving light
The last love story, I’d ever want to write

She’s now my muse in a world so grey
The reason I find the words to say
That across the land beyond time and space
My heart has finally found its place.

                                               - Rahul Thomas



1 comment:

  1. Wow ... your wife should read this. Beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete