Saturday, May 16, 2009

Before It Can Be Wiser.




I
look at my mirror
and all my days seem gray
i can feel it all around me
and yet its words....i cannot say

My food,my drink...have lost their tastes
they all seem.....rather bland
and colors all seem faded
lost as they touch my hand

I feel it deep within me
and it eats me...from where it stays
feeling broken down and beaten
as with my heart...it plays.

If i dare....to try and stop it,
i know i try in vain
if i smile and try to avoid it,
my soul....it would choose to stain.

So i conceal it with conceit
and put on my heart... a seal
hiding it by many masks
i cannot let it feel.

So in my thoughts i live each day
i leave behind....all that lingers
watching over the world...in absence
as sand slips through my fingers

They tell me... time is a healer
and this...i hope is true
for these wounds run deep within me
and im afraid theyve....gone right through

Her smile is my only solace
and to my memory...it ties her.
so...how many times must a heart break
before it can be wiser ?.

-By Rahul Thomas

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the many blogs u have written that I read every single day, trying to make some sense of what seemed a long long time ago.

    I guess time truly has healed wounds for you. Good luck and look forward to many more.

    ReplyDelete