Wednesday, January 28, 2009


A BRAND NEW VIEW

I awoke in silence; there were leaves on the ground
It was wet cold and cloudy…and there was no one around
I felt the wind as it blew across my face
It felt so strange, so out of place

I had been here before, but it was never like this
What could have happened here, what did I miss?
the swing by the house was broken and old
and as I looked around, my blood ran cold

The flowers were gone and the grass was dust
And all the cars, reduced to rust
The trees were bare and the houses seemed hollow
It all seemed a little hard to swallow

So I walked around the town for a little while
Searching for a face, a friendly smile
But nobody came, no one heard my calls
The world seemed to big, and I seemed so small.

Where was everyone? Where did they go?
A war, a disaster? I just had to know
and what if I, was the last person here….
the prospect of being alone, filled me with fear.

I got my answer as I fell to the ground
In pain and hatred for the lack of sound
It was in a crushed in a heap under all the trash
And then it came to me a vision ,a flash.


The screams of people as they echoed through the night
The the scores of people who did nothing but fight,
Fighting to prove what they said was right
for they knew the truth, they were the light.

but World had not listened to their pointless demands
Nature it seemed, had other plans.
for the world was sick and not by choice
the world was dying, yet and it had no voice

we lost our world on that fatefull day
and as the skies turned black, we began to pray
and we asked the world for another chance
as we promised to repent our ways, for another glance

but it was too late and the world was tired
and could not listen to these, so….inspired
the world perished on that faithful day
what happened after, it did not say.

as I put down paper, i silently wept
if we had changed our ways our promises kept
as these thoughts drew heavy on my mind
a bright light appeared, and I was blind…

I awoke again….to the sound of birds
The smell of flowers….were beyond my words
and as I got of my bed and wore my shoes
i stared out my window, with a brand new view.

- by Rahul Thomas

2 comments: