Wednesday, January 28, 2009


If you could live forever... would you really want to?

i stood there on the edge of my time
as it all slowed down in the back of my mind
and I saw my life for what it was
an empty shell, a lost cause

but my time was up and I could not change a thing
there would be no more laughter, and no one would sing
I would never feel the warm summer breeze
Nor smell the flowers as they whispered through the trees

I wished for more…but this was all I had
And it seemed so final, so iron clad
I never thought I was ever going to die
I always had more time…i didnt know why.

But if I had my wish and I lived forever
Would it really be now or never?
Would these moment mean as much
Would I really miss, all as such?

Id be doomed to watch the ones I love
As they disappeared to the world above
Id see them in their last moments of life
And carry with me all their moments of strife

Id cherish their moments more than mine
And id tire of people in the course of time
Id hate, that they were all so vain
When id give anything, to feel their pain.

When you feel nothing you cease to exist
Your always in the background…like vapor or mist
you search for the one thing you can never find
and walk these halls as a shadow in time

for what you long for in this unearthly quest
is the only just reward ,an eternity of rest
you wish to rest among the dead
and live out pleasant memories all the words you said.

To be reunited with all those you’ve lost
The ones whose memories were worth the cost
Cause The smells, the sounds all seem clearer
And all feelings as death draws nearer.

and to me they seemed more important than the bags gold
The infinite riches from the things ive sold
And in that moment I finally had…peace
As my life left my body
and I dropped to my knees.

I could have lived forever…this is true
But If you could.....would you really want to?

- by Rahul Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment