Thursday, January 29, 2009


You could.but…i don’t want you to


The world is harsh…. the world is cruel
But to live carefully, shouldn’t be the thumb of rule
Life has to be experienced, as it should be
Without wondering what it could be

I know its just that you cared
But you cannot always live scared
You cannot doubt and live in fear
Whenever things seem a little unclear

You cannot protect me all the time
Its what makes my experience mine
i can take care of myself
and im not a book you can keep on your shelf

You cannot always hold my hand when i'm afraid
You cannot help save me from the mistakes i've made
You can’t protect me from the harsh world outside
You could…. but I don’t want to run and hide

I know you worry all the while
and All I want is to see you smile
but you have to learn to let me go
its just something I think you should know

i hope youll try and understand
that its ok for me to leave your hand
its ok for me to do this alone
ill always know my way back home

but this is something i have to do
and yes i did take my running shoes
ill always love you ma
you've helped me along this far

please dont run after me
ill be back some day youll see
you cant always protect me from the world so blue
you could...but i dont want you too

- Rahul Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment